How does it work?
- First Admin creates some categories like Veg, Non-Veg, Super Fresh, Organic, Chinese, etc.,
- These categories can then be linked to any restaurants. (A restaurant can have N-number of categories)
- Admin then creates a Category Slider Image/Slide and assigns categories to the Slide.
- When the customer clicks on the slide/image on the application, they are taken to a page where all the restaurants are listed which were pre assigned to the categories.
Admin creates categories :
Veg, Non-Veg, Super Fresh, Organic, Chinese
Admin then assigns restaurants to categories as follows:
- Restaurant A -> Veg, Super Fresh
- Restaurant B -> Chinese
- Restaurant C -> Veg, Non-Veg, Chinese
Admin then creates three slides/images.
- First Image (Picture of some Green Leaves) and assigns Veg, Super Fresh, and Organic categories to it.
- Second Image (Picture of some Chinese Bowl) and assigns Non-Veg and Chinese categories to it
Now on the application user sees the two images (Green Leaves and Chinese Bowl).
When the user clicks on the Green Leaves image, they are redirected to a category filter page which has now Veg, Super Fresh, and Organic Category pre-selected.
Hence, the user is shown Restaurant A and Restaurant C when they click on the Green Leaves.
Similarly, when the user clicks on the Chinese Bowl image, they are redirected to a category filter page which has now Non-Veg and Chinese Category pre-selected.
Hence, the user is shown Restaurant B and Restaurant C when they click on the Green Leaves.
Users can then click on restaurants to view the menu or play around with the filters to sort out different options/categories.
Creating and Managing Categories / Slides
Category Sliders can be found in Admin > Extras > Restaurant Category Slider
Add New Restaurant Category: This button will create a new category (These categories can later be assigned to the restaurants)
Store Category Slider Heading: You can type your own unique heading in this section for your category.
Slider Position: This field defines where the slider will be positioned on the homepage. The slider will be placed after the X-th restaurant on the restaurant's listing.
Size: This defines the size of the Slider Images
Style: This defines the style of the Images (Standard, Square, Circular)
Show Restaurant Category label: This defines whether or not to show the Slider Name below the image in the slide.
Linking the restaurants to the categories
Goto Admin > Restaurants and edit a particular restaurant you wish to link categories.